For some unknown reason J2MEPolish stopped working for me. Previously working builds were no longer generated. Also I was a bit unsatisfied by their database, but that issue will be addressed by another project. So, after a week of banging my head on the table, I gave up. I dropped it and started to work on my own version for a builder.
Initial version of midlet-builder was created in Java and during my ‘day time’ work. I started a personal version in Ruby after reading some articles about learning a new programming language every year. At first I was thinking about learning Lisp, but decided to go with Ruby. Maybe also a bit because of Ruby on Rails.
At the moment the codes is really terrible and I have not used Ruby to it’s full potential. I have a feeling, that I have done everything the same way, as I would have done in Java. Only in different language.
At the moment midlet-builder handles:
What it’s lacks is flexibility. It does everything the way I like it and how I have pictured it. I am hoping, with more input, to create a more flexible product.
At the moment the ideas I am playing with:
I have a feeling, that this is only a beginning. Hoping to hear ideas from You also.
Tags: ruby and j2me